Advert – Support Worker (Children & Young People)
Support Worker (Children and Young People) – Somerset and Devon
* Excellent training * Flexible hours * Competitive rates of pay
Do you want to develop your career in childcare? We are recruiting for casual Support Workers for emergency (unplanned, short-term) placements in various locations across the South West. Duties may include providing temporary care to a vulnerable child/young person e.g. driving them to school, participating in fun activities or accompanying them to appointments etc. At times, you may be supporting children that present verbal and/or physically challenging behaviours.
We welcome applicants with previous experience of working with children e.g. childcare, teaching etc. You will have access to a car for work and hold a current driving licence. You must be flexible, our placements are often “ad hoc” and varied as we operate a 24/7 emergency service.
- Excellent rates of pay – £9.82 per hour (plus £1.18 per hour paid holiday)
- Paid mileage at 25p per mile for travel to/from or during the placement
- A comprehensive induction and excellent and ongoing training (leading to an accredited level 2/3 qualification, if desired)
- Workplace pension (subject to eligibility)
- Dedicated 24/7 telephone support service
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Employment offers will be subject to an enhanced DBS, reference and other pre-employment checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy.
We aim to ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all irrespective of their identity, background or protected characteristics, taking action to promote inclusion and avoid discrimination. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please do not send a covering letter or CVs – these will not be accepted.
Click here to view Casual Support Worker Job Description and Apply Online.