Key Responsibilities: Sessional Form F Assessors undertake assessments on a self-employed or sessional basis. Our assessors require the necessary skills and experience to undertake detailed home studies of prospective foster carers and to write high quality assessment reports in readiness for presentation at Panel.
· To work in close liaison with the Registered Manager and the Social Workers within the specified region for the duration of each assessment.
· Plan and carry out home study assessments with prospective carers, using the BAAF Form F format.
· Agree assessment deadlines with the Agency and adhere to those deadlines.
· Help prospective foster carers to contribute to their own assessments as much as possible.
· Regularly communicate to prospective foster carers the progress of their assessments, including any potential delays or difficulties.
· Check compliance requirements including DBS documentation on behalf of the Agency.
· Help prospective foster carers to work out what sort of placements will work best with them.
· Identify when prospective foster carers are not suitable for the Agency and counsel these individuals regarding this decision.
· Discuss the progress of assessments with the Regional Manager and Social Worker’s involved.
· Produce detailed, high quality written reports for the Agency.
· Present applicants to the Agency’s Fostering Panel.
· Undertake a handover visit with the allocated SSW following Panel.
· Prepare a profile regarding applicants to be used for the purposes of initial matching.
· To adhere to relevant legislation. regulation and company policies and procedures to work consistently with Fusion’s core values and deliver best practice standards of work.
· To maintain a child-centered approach, fundamental to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of every child.
· To keep abreast of new legislation, guidance, policy direction, effective good practice, and research to continually improve good practice within the Agency.
· To work with colleagues within Fusion to promote the retention of foster carers, by ensuring that there are effective partnership relationships between the Agency and the carers. To ensure that carers’ issues are identified, understood, and promptly resolved.
· To take responsibility for own professional development, maintaining essential qualifications, regularly updating knowledge, and undertaking all training opportunities provided by Fusion Fostering Limited.
· To be responsible for the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy as far as it affects the role, colleagues and others who may be affected by the role. The post holder is also expected to monitor the effectiveness of the Health and Safety arrangements and systems to ensure appropriate improvements are made where necessary.
· Since confidential information is involved with the duties of this post, the post holder will be required to always exercise discretion and to observe relevant codes of practice and legislation in relation to data protection and personal information.
A qualification in social work that is approved by Social Work England.
To be registered and work in line with the professional standards, ethics and values of Social Work England.
Minimum 3 years’ experience within a Supervising Social Work setting including the supervision and/or management of personnel.
A knowledge of current legislation particularly The Children Act 1989, National Minimum Standards in Fostering, The Fostering Regulations 2011, The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010
Extensive knowledge of safeguarding and protecting children from harm.
To hold a full UK driving license and have access to a car that is fully insured, with business usage, and has a valid MOT.
Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
The ability to communicate well and clearly both verbally and in writing.
The ability to process and analyse large amounts of complex and sometimes distressing information.
The ability to identify key issues and possible solutions and to communicate these clearly.
A commitment to safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare in foster care.
A valuing of diversity in relation to issues of ethnicity, religion, gender, disability and sexuality.
An understanding of, and commitment to the need for confidentiality.
A willingness to increase knowledge and understanding of issues through reading, discussion and training.
Please note that duties in this job description is not exhaustive and could be subject to change subject to the needs of the business.
We encourage a diverse workforce which reflects the communities we serve. To achieve this, we aim to respect personal differences and promote fairness and dignity for all. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We follow a robust Safer Recruitment process. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory criminal record check with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Our Core Values
Doing something different, which is impactful, motivational, encouraging uplifting and inspirational!
Achieving a great outcome, in a way that is central to our approach – with passion, fun and positivity!
Creating a new opportunity for ‘inclusivity’ or a way to celebrate diversity!
Introducing fresh and dynamic ways of creating positive outcomes for children and young people!
Seizing the opportunity to do something different – but amazing, at Fusion!
GROW, EVOLVE AND ADAPT
Personally contributing to our growth and success at Fusion in a way that is ‘above and beyond’ the norm!
Achieving something you are really proud of at work, let’s celebrate your success!
Fusion Fostering Limited, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 07819299 whose registered office is at Old Mill, Maltravers House, Petters Way, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 1SH.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities, analytical data and security features of the website.