Advert – Independent Form F Assessor – South Central
ROLE – Independent Form F Assessor
LOCATION – South Central (partly homebased but travel is required)
CONTRACT TYPE – Sessional/self-employed.
FEES – £2000 for completed Form F and Panel Attendance (including expenses)
Closing Date for applications: N/A
At Fusion Fostering, our focus is to achieve positive experiences for the children and young people looked after by our dedicated foster carers. We have built strong relationships with Local Authorities across the UK to provide a range of exceptional children’s services delivered by a team of motivated, highly competent practitioners. We consistently drive positive outcomes for young people and this child-focussed approach, combined with our commitment to continuous learning and improvement, has contributed to our reputation for service excellence.
We are currently seeking an Independent Form F Assessor to join the team in the South Central area. The key responsibility will be to undertake assessments on a self-employed or sessional basis. Our assessors require the necessary skills and experience to undertake detailed home studies of prospective foster carers and to write high quality assessment reports in readiness for presentation at Panel.
The successful applicant will have:
- A qualification in social work that is approved by (and registration with) Social Work England and will work in line with the professional standards set by Social Work England.
- Experience within a Social Work setting including the supervision and/or management of personnel together with Form F Assessor experience (desirable).
- A knowledge of current legislation particularly The Children Act 1989, National Minimum Standards in Fostering, The Fostering Regulations 2011, The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010
- Extensive knowledge of safeguarding and protecting children from harm.
- Excellent report writing and interpersonal skills to a standard as expected within a Form F Assessor capacity.
- To hold a full UK driving license and have access to a car that is fully insured, with business usage, and has a valid MOT.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
We encourage a diverse workforce which reflects the communities we serve. To achieve this, we aim to respect personal differences and promote fairness and dignity for all. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We follow a robust Safer Recruitment process. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory criminal record check with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you are interested in taking on a new challenge and have the skills to strengthen our team further, then we want to hear from you.
Click Here – for the Job Description and to Apply Online.